Thursday, March 24, 2011

RIP Wally




My heart breaks today.  My wonderful little boy of a cat died today. 

I adopted Wally in October of 2001 shortly after the September 11th attacks on America and a couple of months after I had to put my cat Tibbers to sleep.  

At the animal shelter I had meet with several cats and none really seams to be a good fit - I may have even seen all the available cats.  When I asked if they had any orange cats, they told me there was one about 10 months old.  He had been a stray someone found and brought in to the shelter.  The cat was still under assimilation training but they were willing to see how he acted around people and brought him into the viewing room with me.  Wally looked around for a minute then he spotted me, walked over to the folding chair I was sitting on, rubbed my legs for a minute while I petted him then he jumped up on my lap and rolled over to have me pet his belly.  He had found me, I had found my cat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment