Friday, May 31, 2013

think: Help This Person

I ran across this link today (Three words that will transform your career) and it is very simple but is almost exactly what I have been trying to follow at work.  Their point is for everyone you run across, think Help This Person - a three word motto that can make all the difference in their day and how they respond to you now (and longer term).

For a while my mantra has been "we're on the same team".  I've been using that to help me focus on the big picture of what's import and to help me let go of getting upset when people are being stupid, illogical, and/or lazy -- all of which bother me greatly. 

This guy's advice takes it even further - help this person for each and every person you interact with.  'Help' doesn't have to be something monuments - it can be as simple as helping to make someone simile.

I've been working on my personal mission statement lately - and this needs to fit into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment