Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Set backs

I really felt like I was in the groove for picking up running again. I looked forward to the outings and felt steady improvements.  The only concern I had was picking the right clothes - I often dressed too warm.   I figured that was relatively minor and would figure itself out the more I ran and the cooler fall weather came into play.

Well, I'm out of the groove and wondering how I can get back into it.   I got sick - the server cold and with sour throat that hurts to swallow, the stuffy nose where you can't breath through at least one of the nostrils at all times, achy and tired.   Over all a miserable condition and there was no way I was going outside to get in any sort of run.  This lasted just over a week.  

I'm now feeling better - still have the cough that I can't fully shake and the throat is not fully back to normal but I feel 100% better than I did last week. 

So its back to finding a way to exercise - specifically getting back to running.  Monday night I worked out with my pilates mat class.   This is the second day I've dressed in sweats with the plan / hope / desire to get in a run throughout the day.  Wish me luck (and focus)

No comments:

Post a Comment