Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Running Update

The running update.....!!!!

In a nutshell, my goals and status update:

First goal is to be ready for the BLS Fun Runs
Overall summer pace goal is to be a 9+ minute miler by the last of the fun runs.
--- I have attended 3 of the 4 fun runs - a pretty good percentage for me.  I'm conscientiously  trying to keep my schedule open to attend these but things do come up that are outside of my control.  And I have run most of these; some years I have walked more of the runs than I runs I run.  I have been starting early so that I can finish with the crowd instead of being a straggler.  Overall I'm happy with the results and progress that I have been seeing.  Tonight is the Holy Hill Fun Run which I have been looking forward to attending.

Second summer goal is compete a long distance race
 -- The Ice Age Half Marathon in May had mixed results for me, overall very good and it really does deserve its own post.  I finished 6 minutes faster than last year and that is with losing my keys and spending significant time and (at least mental) energy looking for them!
-- Time to start making some plans and select a long(er) distance run.  I'm not sure if I want to do another trail run (I know Laphem Peak has a couple longer events in September and October) or if I want to do a street run which would be faster.  

 Third running goal is to run with Zeus.
 -- Sad update - the vet found Zeus has a heart murmur which explains a lot of why he tires out so quickly, pants so hard after even a small exertion effort, and has the poor appetite.  No decision on what treatments, if any, are needed.   But it does make it very unlikely that he will ever be able to run with me or even hike with me - the sad thing is those are two of the key reasons I wanted to get a dog in the first place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment