Saturday, January 15, 2011

2011 Weekly Challenges - #2

The first challenges are starting to get me on the right foot (haha a little joke since the its my left foot that has the plantar fasciitis problem so I'm much better on the right foot than left)

On to this week's challenges.....

Health Challenge Somewhat Successful - I counted and I have 20 pieces of fruit in my house.  For this challenge all should be eaten by next Saturday.   Bonus challenges  1) have a salad every day for the week and 2) at least 2 exercise sessions of at least 30 minutes each - can be wii fit, DVD programs, Bally's, etc.  My foot issues have greatly reduced my ability to walk, jog/run, hike and even snowshoe -- all of which are my primary fitness activities.  It's time to find something new - maybe try the elliptical trainer, yoga, running on the mini trampoline, etc -- something has to be out there that I can do to build up a sweat and drop some pounds. I'm calling this 'somewhat successful' because it helps to celebrate the small successes and there were successes with this.   There were more than a few times that if this challenge did not exist I would have grabbed a cookie,etc but instead I had a pear or apple.   I did not get through all the fruit - in part because I had a lot of fresh veggies to also get through - and did!  I still have 3 oranges and 3 pears to finish up this week.

Decluttering challenge Unsuccessful - Take back the Family room.  My papers have been scattered all around it.  Its time to go through them and file, pay, shred, etc - whatever they need done.   The challenge is to go through the paper and identify the next action, but not necessarily do the next action (that may take time and be its own challenge down the road. At best I made a small dent in the papers, but I added as much as I as I was able to get done, so at best net result is no difference which makes this unsuccessful.  Overall these decluttering challenges have not gone well - I need to put on my thinking cap and figure out a way to make a difference in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment