Thursday, January 20, 2011

Running Plans

I was perusing the blogs I regularly check and Mac at GetFitSlowly had publish his race calendar for the year.  And the funny thing was, I had been scribbling on scrap paper of runs I wanted to do this year.   I decided it was time to put together a post with those goals with links to them.

Sat, Feb 12, 10 am - Steve Cullen 8K -- this is a stretch goal.  I'm not near confident I could comfortably run 8k (about 5 miles) in cold February weather.  This run will be a day of decision - with a lot based on the weather that day.  Bonus, if I'm not comfortable with 5 miles, there is a 2 mile run run/walk associated with it that I could do.

Sat, Mar 5, noon  - 5 mile Point Bock Run -  this run just sounds fun!  I'd like to add it into the mix, but again I think it may be a bit of a stretch both in how I feel and the Wisconsin March weather.  This could be very nice or still very cold and snowy.

April - May - Marty's Trail Running program - I talked to Marty about this last night and I am definitely in.  This year's his program is set to prepare us for the Ice Age Trail Half Marathon - which I'm already signed up for and this is my premier race/goal for the spring.   I'm hoping the Fall brings another premier race/goal for me - but I have to wait and see how the year goes before selecting it.

Sat, April 30 - Crazylegs in Madison - the last time I ran this it was a new run.  I think I ran it in year 2 or 3.  It has grown incredible big since then.   Last time my finish time was just under 1 hour.  I would love to have that be my time again this year.  

Sat, May 14 - Ice Age Trail Half Marathon - this is my premier race of the year.  The one I'm most looking forward to doing.   Last year's trail program really instilled a love of trail running in me.   Honestly, I wish it was a 10K or 15K run.  A half marathon will be a big step for me.  But I think I will be well prepared and I want this so much that I think it will work out well for me.

Sun, July 10 - Summerfest Run 10K - this is a brand new  (1st year) run in Milwaukee.  The course includes running over the Horn Bridge which will provide outstanding views of Milwaukee and its lakefront.  It gets pricey, so I need to make my decision early - 10K: $40 thru 3/31, $50 thru 6/30, $70 thereafter

No comments:

Post a Comment