Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bucket List - Failure to Success!!!

I don't know when my fascination with space and NASA started, but I'm sure I had it before graduated from grade school.   So it goes back a while as a fabric in my life.  My bucket list includes seeing a space shuttle launch in person.   The shuttle program is being scrapped this year in favor of developing a new type of space craft that can travel further and cheaper to allow our astronauts to make it to Mars and beyond.   That program is expected to have space flights starting in 2014.

The last shuttle launch is schedule for Friday, April 29.  I had no plans to be there ... until yesterday!  My friend Cindy (this is her photo from a different shuttle launch) is engaged to a NASA engineer and they have a "car pass" which allows everyone that can fit into their car employee access to the launch.  This is much closer than the public gets to the shuttle.   We found some cheap flights and are on our way.   It will be nice to have a break from Wisconsin and home, and it will be great to see Cindy and have a chance to hang out with her.  Plus we are planning a day at Universal Studios Orlando and seeing their The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment