Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Checking in

its been a very.tough.week.

I was optimistic about how well I was doing with the sudden loss of my best furry friend.  But last weekend was awful.  I missed him terribly.  It seemed the pain and sadness intensified.  I was hurting in all directions and every sense of the word.

But in order to keep my mind on other things I finally got a couple tasks completed that had been weighing heavy on my mind.   My taxes are done - yea!  and I finally complete and sent in the 2010 Health Care Spending receipts.  Its one of those accounts where you spend it or lose it and had already spent it and was going to lose it if I didn't get it submitted in time.   Both are now done and I even have a filing system set up to help with this account for 2011; especially important since I increased the funding to this for 2011.

Plus I've been running and walking more - I have a lot of nervous energy to burn off.   On Saturday I did a long walk - almost 8 miles.   I had wanted to walk about 6 or 7 miles to help me get back on track with the half marathon training.   But this was bigger and longer than I expected.   Overall it felt fine and was a nice walk.   Sunday started with a cold, rainy run with Marty's trail running program.

Over the last week and half, I have run or walked over 25 miles.  My new iphone nike+ GPS app is helping to track these exercise outings.  Those miles burned over 3000 calories - yea!

I'm still down a few pounds but I can tell my appetite is beginning to return, along with my desire to snack.   I do want to lose weight and I hope by still trying to dedicate to it to Wally it will help motivate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment