Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hmmmm

Yesterday was the first fun run of the BLS season.  Overall I rate my personal status review as positive - for the most part I was able to run comfortably and finished under the 30 minute mark.   But I did skip the big, long hill at the start of the run -- I think their route is not well designed to a big hill just as the run starts and tire people out, and kill their pace times.   And for the other hills I did walk the uphills - which I'm fine with, especially at this early start to the season.  As always, I wish I was faster.

One area for improvement is my running clothing - I need to look into a running jacket that wicks the sweat but still helps to keep me warm on these early season (or late season) runs.  I expect most of these jackets will be more expensive than I want to pay - so I'll be keeping my eye out for coupon and discounts.  I also have high personal standards for jackets (and bags) features.  I want a jacket with multiple pockets with zippers and an inside security pocket.  I'd like it to have a hood that can be rolled up into the collar.  I want it to have some reflective piping or other night safety features. 

No comments:

Post a Comment