Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Good bye Wally's Chair

I know this will seam silly and most will not understand this.  I left a beat up chair out for trash pick-up and it brought tears to my eyes.  

This chair has been sitting in my garage for at least 2 years, possibly 3 years or even more.   My brother's family had purchased the chair sometime back in the 90's when their kids were small, and when I moved back to Milwaukee in 2000 they gave to me for my condo.   My cat Wally LOVED this chair. He spent hours and hours sitting on the top of the chair back looking out the window.   I think of this as Wally's chair.   And it does make me sad to throw it away.  It is nothing I want back in the house - it has spent much too much time in the garage and had signs of field mice around it.  But it still made me sad - the end of an era - to see it thrown in the trash.  It had a good frame - and was an Ethan Allan chair.  Someone could have stripped it down and reupholstered it.  It was time for it to go.  It was doing no one any good in my garage and was unusable/undonatable in its current condition.  
So good chair I say to you 'Thank you for your service'.  I will miss you and the way you reminded me of my Wally.


No comments:

Post a Comment