Monday, February 18, 2013

Barb - You Ignorant Slut

The title is from Saturday Night Live's Point Counterpoint from the early 1980s.   Some of my readers may be too young to get the reference.



Here's the counterpoint to the previous post - a few things that are going well or making me happy
  • Zeus has been much better about entertaining himself and/or sleeping during the day so that I have less interruptions to my work day.  This is a big breakthrough.  There is still room for significant improvement but at least there is momentum in the right direction.
  • Meal planning / prepping food.  I've been doing an above average job of planning meals and preparing things.  For example, both this week and last week I took time over the weekend to cut up fruits for a mixed food salad -- I know when it's made and available I add it to meals, which is much healthier than some other fall back on items.   The better planning has also kept me from throwing away fresh items that were going bad, I'm using more things up in time.  I can see a reduction in my grocery bills as I'm eating down the pantry and freezer items I already have.
  • Still happy about the basement paint job.  My nephew and his friend took a week before they went back to college and painted my basement for me.  It still makes me smile when I go downstairs - the basement is so much brighter and nicer to be in now. 
  • The declutter Lenten promise has already made a dramatic improvement to my home office.  Again, still more to do, but the flow is much better. 






No comments:

Post a Comment