Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ugghhhh!!!!

I'm mad. I'm disappointed. I'm frustrated!

Uggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh #1 - You Always Miss 100% of the Shots You Don't Take
I just got off the phone with the hiring manager for a new job I was interested in.  And she informed me the manger role is already filled.  Ugghhhhh  There is still a non-manager team leader role available.   Uggghhh
This was a very good opportunity to move up in IBM along a new management path.  I'm mad and frustrated with my myself because I heard about this change and new team almost 2 weeks ago and I had only halfheartedly tried to get in touch with this hiring manager.   She doesn't use the normal instant messaging system that 75% of all our communications go through, but that should not have stopped me.  Yesterday I called and emailed her, she got back to me today and inadvertently told me she did create the managers job now (instead of being a down the road possibility as my sources has led me to believe) and she also told me she just filled the role - so recent that she has not yet even sent the announcement about it.  Ugghh  had I talked to her a week or two ago, then I'm sure her announcement would be about me.   This just pisses me off. 

Ugh #2 - Bummed about loss of Spring
Yesterday I meet with the Orthopedic Surgeon about my knee - and guess what he's now decided the best treatment is the knee surgery to repair the torn meniscus followed by physical therapy.  The swelling in my right knee is the indicator that this can only be helped with the surgery.  His guess was I would not be able to hike, bike, or job for 8 weeks after the surgery and (bonus..not) due to an extended period out of the office in March, it may be a while before they can even get me in for the surgery.  It's an out patient procedure that he estimated would take 35 minutes - so it's a bit weird to call it surgery.   He preforms these procedures on Fridays, and you need to be off your feet and on crutches for the weekend but can start moving around better by Monday.  No driving until you can easily walk on that right leg - which he says is usually just a few more days.  I almost for sure have to board Zeus through that period - trying to take him out for bathroom breaks while on crutches did not work in December and I'm not willing to even attempt it again.  Even base case that he gets me in prior to his conference and vacation that keep him out of the office, it means I wouldn't be back on my feet until mid May.  Ugh, I'll miss the Starving Rock Mega Hike that I was so interested in doing.    Trying to put a good spin on it - they organize the Mega Hike in the Fall the weekend of September 28-29.....the downside is that is the Wisconsin-Ohio State football game and I'm probably going to Columbus that weekend.   I don't think there is anyway I can do both, so I have to miss out on something fun Ugh!





No comments:

Post a Comment