Monday, February 25, 2013

Foot - Vulture - Mouth - Foot


It's a pet peeve of mine when you end up missing out on something because you weren't aware of some options.  When we were in Egypt in 2008, our tour group stopped at a jewelry store so that people could order gold cartouches of their names written using the Egyptian Hieroglyphic alphabet.   At the time were were only given the option of gold necklaces.   At that time gold prices were high it was costing about $200 to $300 per necklace depending on the style, number of letters, etc.   So not worth the price to me.

I wisely made the decision not to purchase one.  The necklace was a nice souvenirs but it was not worth $200+ for a necklace I would not wear all that often.  And at the time I was not trilled with the translation of "Barb" into Foot - Vulture - Mouth - Foot.

Only later in the week when the tour group went back to pick up the orders did I find out they also sold these cartouch necklaces in sterling silver and those necklaces would have only been about $25 to $40.  So worth it - I would have done that in a minute.  But I was complete unaware of that option.  It bummed me out.

Looking at the translation now, I do wish I would have gotten one.  Until recently I didn't connect the foot in my name to my love of hiking.  Its almost like my name is twice as much walking as talking, or walk before and after you talk (cause walking helps me think and process thoughts).  I now really like it!  But I still don't know how that vulture fits in!! I wish it was a cat or the water symbols instead of a bird. 

Check out your own name in this Hieroglyphic Typewriter web page:
http://www.eyelid.co.uk/hieroglyphic-typewriter.html


No comments:

Post a Comment