Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm baacccckkkk

I'm back -- from Vegas and more importantly I'm back from the funk that I had when I got back home.

I'm not sure what overcame me but I was really out of sorts.  My eating was awful - chips by the bagful and high fat / high calorie choices.   My sleeping was off; the running continued (thank God) but the pace felt slow and sluggish.  My to-do list kept growing and my done list never seamed to change.

God I am glad to be back to normal now!!! 

I completed the Tosa Fest 5K run - a bit slower than I would have liked but overall I'm pleased with my ability to keep a program going and be back to active running.  Since the 5K and the completion of Marty's running program I've stayed on the program and have joined his trail running program.  Tonight I start my park and rec Pilates Mat class.   Net result - physical activity is back on track and feeling good about it.

My eating is getting better - smaller portions and healthier choices.  Today I has a kohlrabi while my spaghetti squash cooked for lunch and an apple for desert.   Yesterday's breakfast was an apple with nut butter and raw oatmeal.  Much healthier choices than I was making last week!

My to-do list is finally shrinking again - although to be fully honest is staying about the same because as soon as I finish tasks I'm adding new ones to it.  I have a lot of work to get done for the yard before winter and throughout the house.  And before when I was in my funk I wasn't even able to see all the possibilities and opportunities that are now on my to-do list.  I'm on my way.

I owe some updates from previous points -- look for that shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment