Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Time for Myself

I feel the need to schedule and track doing something special for myself, with the goal being at least once per month.  This can be anything - I don't want to put too many limitations on it.  And I somewhat feel like this should be outside of my immediate geography.  Not sure why that condition is sticking with me.  I hope to update this monthly or at least quarterly.

Goal is 12 events // Target is one per month

January / accomplished! - day trip to Appleton to see the Leonardo Da Vinci exhibit at their History Museum.  Plus did some extra driving around the river and Lawrence University.  It was around zero degrees with wind chills in the negative teens so it was minimal time outside of the car; had it been a nice day I would have loved to add in some walking along the trails along river.  The trails had the feel of UW Madison's Lake Shore Path. 

February / accomplished - day trip to Lake Geneva's Winterfest to see the national snow carving competition.  Along with that were hot drinks at the Ice Bar (yes, the actual serving bar was carved out of ice).  Plus after dark we hiked a trail at Big Foot Beach State Park that they light by luminaries.  It was nice and peaceful and except for it being too cold, it was a great way to end the day.  But then we were surprised by one more thing - fireworks!  We're not sure where they came from but are guessing they were lighting them at the Grand Geneva ski hill as part of the Winterfest activities. 



March -I'm going to do something to celebrate Wally.  Unfortunately his day falls on Palm Sunday which means I have other commitments.  Last year I did a movie (Warhorse) and hike - it was good and I needed it.  I'd really like this to become a spa day, not so much for the treatments themselves (although I probably will get a massage) but for the atmosphere at someplace like Kolher's Water Spa.  
Also planning a weekend trip to St Louis

April -Considering a trip to Red Mountain Spa in St George, Utah.  They have several personal retreat packages, and most include daily hikes!  Plus this is close enough (3 hrs away) that I could add in a day at the North rim of the Grand Canyon. *** Update - based on the input from the physical therapist this is probably not the right timing for me.  He said I could go, but I wouldn't enjoy the hikes as much and probably could not do the longer / harder hikes.  Since this is significant dollars and time to go, I think it will be rescheduled to a time when I can do this way I want (ie, longer/hard hikes, angles landing hike, etc)

May -

June -

July -


August -

September -

November -

December -

You can see there is a lot to add - I'm hoping to update this every month or at least every quarter.  This may be the Year of Me.... and this is a good start to making that a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment