Friday, February 6, 2015

AAAUUUUGGGGHHHHHHH!

It's been a while - my life was out of control.  I'm taking back the control but there is still much that is unorganized, falling behind in basic maintenance, and probably not set up well for the future.

One of those areas are the rebates from Menards.  Menards is a local chain that is a combination of a Home Depot and a Target.   It started as a hardware type store but has expanded into limited groceries, furniture, and clothing.

And one of their sales method is that many, many things are rebates - rebates that come back in the form of in store credit.  They have a simple easy process -- the rebate certificate prints at the bottom of the receipt and they have the rebate form at the store exits.  And if you missed picking up a rebate form at the store, you can print them from their web site.   Its a simple process.   The only thing that can screw it up is if you don't send it in to them in time.   And they are very generous about processing things even after the end date for the rebates.

Well with my depression and lack of focus this summer I didn't send in most, probably not any, since back in June.  I finally got my act together in December after Christmas and sent them in.

Sadly I just got back the in store credit for all of $6.99 -- that's sad because I sent in rebates worth over $220.   Yes, my issues costed me $213.   That's why the title is AAAUUUUGGGGHHHHHHH! This kind of stuff kills me.   It bugs me to no end.  First of all I'm very thrifty so losing out on over $200 for my personal inactivity frustrates me!  Second, it's very possible I would not have purchased some of these items if they were not free (or almost free) on rebate.  I donate some of the free stuff.  I shop at Menards quite often so getting store credit works great for me.  Meaning that even if I don't need or use the rebate item, since its free and I'm getting that money to spend at Menards it's fine and I have no issues.

But leaving $200 plus dollars on the table ......AAAUUUUGGGGHHHHHHH!

Things are getting better - but its not there yet and I need to focus on these mistakes as motivation to do better instead of being deflated and depressed and letting it get worse.

## Quick update - in Monday's mail I received a rebate check for $57.30!  So the total lost is down to $152.95.  Still not great, but much better and it gives me still a glimmer of hope that even more can come in.  Maybe, pretty please!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment