Friday, February 20, 2015

the winds are a changing

Taking a few minutes for a quick status update and adding a personal (read secrete goal).

The plan is beginning to work; part of what I desired was a change in me in how I approached food and exercise.  I saw that change in action today - and in the venue of celebrating small victories I want to do a shout out and help encourage me to continue on this road.

Today I had the upset stomach from eating too little for breakfast and drinking too much coffee (caffeine) - I get that occasionally.   As per my usual behavior I started poking around the kitchen for something to eat.  Eating balances out the food to caffeine ratio in my stomach and resolves the upset stomach feeling.

I looked around and nothing looked good.  I considered making popcorn, as that is my usual substitution for chips, which is what I really wanted.  I considered having a ridiculously early lunch, which was a bad idea since dinner will be a bit later tonight.  But instead I ate some fruit (oranges) and veggies (the edamame pea pods).

That is EXACTLY how I want to change - going from wanting chips to instead eating fruits and veggies.

Yeah, this is day 3 so it's not that the battle is over. But this is a victory and it does need to be shouted out and celebrated.  Yea for me!

Secrete goal is the number 14.5 -- I'm not telling how this fits, what that measures, or giving you any other clue.  I'll keep this posted and updated as the progress goes.  It's not exactly what I would like - I'd love to blow past this goal and exceed it.  But I'm sticking with something that is both challenging and still realistic.   And I'll keep dreaming and pushing for even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment