Friday, February 13, 2015

Keep Clam and Love Menard's

Well my last post was unnecessary since Menard's came through in a big way - a $249.96 rebate check!!!

I did not expect that.

I really thought my mistake in not sending these rebates in for months after their last due date would cause me to lose out on money.   I know Menard's doesn't enforce strict end dates; but I was concerned that I had pushed them too far - some of these were over 6 months from their due date.

But once again Menard's came through.  They have grown to be one of my favorite stores and one of my most frequent shopping locations.

This is a great lesson in pushing through and never giving up.  I easily could have determined that they would not pay out on those very old rebates.  But I sent them in and it really cost me only the price of a stamp.   And of course, it cost me some mental anguish.  I beat myself up about how much money I had left on the table and I truly did not expect to receive all of it back.   I'm pleasantly surprised.  

I need to take this win and apply it to other areas of my life - Don't Give Up.  As my instructor said last month: This is simple, not easy, but simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment